About The Cotuit Federated Church
The Cotuit Federated Church is a federation of
the United Church of Christ (www.ucc.org) and the United Methodist
Church (www.umc.org). Those desiring full membership decide to
join either the UCC or the UMC.
- Caring, compassionate toward our members, especially
those who are sick or shut-in, guests and friends
as well as the larger community in need.
- Thirsty for spiritual experiences, self discovery
and individual "from the heart" prayer.
- The members of the CFC are open, honest, friendly
We are committed to mission work of all kinds including outreach to
the greater community.
- The CFC members are excited about the work the
small groups are doing – working with homeless,
bringing worship into nursing homes and many, many
other worthwhile activities while the participants
are getting to know each other at a deeper level
than ever before.
- We are music lovers who appreciate the choir’s
choices of spiritual and uplifting music.
- We see ourselves as open and affirming as we
exclude no one from our family.
- We view ourselves as friendly, happy and a joyful
group of caring people.
- To explore our faith so as to become better acquainted
with God and His plan for us as individuals as
well as a congregation.
- For individuals to be given opportunities to
be trained, educated and to explore their role
in the community at large.
- Open honest leadership from all our leaders.
- Opportunities to get to know each other and
God at a deeper level.
- Uplifting, positive, spiritual worship services.
- To train new leaders to do those things they
are called to do at CFC – i.e.: Children’s
sermons, lay readers, ushers & greeters, 2nd
hour leaders, visitors to sick and shut-ins, small
- We want to be included and informed of all decisions,
celebrations and prayerful needs.
The Ship's Wheel has been adopted as our official
of the Ship’s Wheel: Around
the beginning of the 18th century ship’s
wheels started being used graphically as a
symbol of ships and the sea. In this
design we wanted to visually depict a direct
tie to our heritage of being founded by sea
captains. We also felt this symbol honored
our unique location here on Cape Cod at the
historic sea port of Cotuit.
The circle of the wheel is a universal symbol of
unity. The wheel, with Christ as the
center, also symbolizes the guiding and teaching
we are given by our “captain”.
spokes of the wheel further symbolize our reaching
out, as individuals and collectively as a church,
to the greater community which is a symbolic
manifestation of the values and mission our
membership has embraced
A ship’s wheel has been used in the past
couple of hundred years to symbolize leadership,
adventureand exploration. This symbolism
ties directly to the new paths and challenges
we at the Cotuit Federated Church have chosen
over the last year.
The phrases Compassion Faith and Community (CFC)
were added to show the key attributes of our